Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Like Sauchiehall Street on a Saturday night, but in the Somme!"

How about the timing of that last blog, huh? You try relate a a light hearted tale of boy meets boy, when you're suddenly implicated in some sinister affair. I was going to tell you about the time I tried to buy two cans of medium strength lager from Tesco - I was ID'd and then refused because I don't really carry any - but then I'd probably find out that they've just invaded Denmark. That would be the last time they use my cymbal noises to sell their bleeding horses.

We're currently in the middle of festival season and enjoying it, Roskilde and T in The Park last weekend were really fun. Thanks for everyone who came to see us, we were genuinely surprised by the amount of folks who stopped by to see us and even more surprised that most of them stayed til the end! Really, we appreciate it. Festivals are fun to play because you get to see all these bands for free and even get to see them shoving grub down their necks in the catering tent (I saw Rufus Wainwright hovering around the salad bar at T in the Park). You also get to use the 'nicer' toilets and drink free generic lager. My only gripe with T in the Park is that I didn't see any cast members from River City, I thought I'd be literally bumping into all those Shieldinch guys backstage and I didn't even see Wee Bob's burd.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see some of you at Latitude, Benicassim and Sudoeste.
Lee

15 Comments:

Blogger Bill B. said...

Looking very forward to seeing you all in Philadelphia, PA on August 22nd. I absolutely adore your music. Hope you're all having a great time on tour...stay safe and have maximum amounts of fun.
-Bill

10:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you managed to mention Tesco in your blog. Shameless.

8:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! you've done it again Lee- first scene of River City the night- Wee Boab's burd in front of a T in the park poster! Coincidence? I think not...

11:19 pm  
Blogger JuventusCadillac said...

you guys should write more often, of this blog. i really love it.

thanks

7:38 am  
Blogger Marc said...

This links back to the last blog.

Special thanks to Tracyanne who I met after the band's set at Latitude and, in spite of my 'Oh, I'm such a fan!' outburst, had her photo taken with me and signed my tee-shirt.

Even more special apologies to Carey who I completely ignored - sorry :-(.

1:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyyy i saw you yesterday in benicassim, it was so amazing ! thanks for doing your music, thanks por being so receptive with the audience, and thanks for playing all the songs you played. it was my perfect first concert of camera obscura, and hopefully the first of a bunch. please go to south america soon,

cecilia (uruguay)

8:08 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh nice you are on the summer time festivals!!!!

i have to say.. PLEASE COME TO BRAZIL!!! PLAY IN RIO DE JANEIRO. You do have a lot of fans here i mean it :D

what else can i say?!?!??! wish to see you on stage very much.. and tracyanne you are so sweet!!! you all guys are...seems so nice!

best wishes from brazil.

7:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey you are on the summer time festivals... nice!!!

i really would like to ask you to come to play here in Rio de Janeiro- Brazil, You guys have a lot of nice fans here... i mean it :D

hope you come some day!!! it would be so sweet!!!

best wishes for you all!

7:16 am  
Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

Hello lovely people from Camera Obsura,

I've just dicovered this blog today, and it's a damn good idea.

I think I'll be back soon.

Cheers.

3:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you all might have changed my life and how I am loving music again. I saw you in Kansas City, and my husband and I have turned into loyal forever fans. Even my kids love listening to "Cam" as we lovingly call you. peace guys and keep writing. It makes you all not seem so far away....

4:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was an great show last night in south st. seaport! I love you guys even more that you performed 'suspended from class' and 'keep it clean' they're my current favorites. i'm from PA, and it was totally worth the trip! you guys are AWESOME!

big fan,
sarah

3:25 am  
Blogger Michael Crowe said...

If only more websites mentioned Rufus Wainwright and Michael Barrymore in such close proximity, the world would be much improved.

I've only just started listening to your music, it's really keeping me chugging along.

1:56 am  
Blogger Michael Crowe said...

I've only just started listening to your beautiful music, it's really keeping me chugging along. Gawd' bless.

2:00 am  
Blogger Uriel Nicolás said...

when in argentina??????
when????
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!

i love camera obscura
i love tracyanne

9:36 pm  
Blogger Solina said...

this is for you ♥
http://pocketzoo.blogspot.com/2007/09/pigs-mught-fly.html

6:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home